Wednesday 30 July 2008

I thought good canadian hip hop was an oxymoron.

Alright, thats not completely fair, but on the whole, Canadian hip hop sucks. Canadian artists attempt to emulate their American contemporaries and it usually blows. re: Kardinal Offishal's new song with Akon "Dangerous"

I'm not hating on the fact that he (or anyone) wants to make a club banger, but I'm hating on the fact that the songs are often lazy, regurgitated dribble. But then how many non-club banging, bullshit, or caricature hip hop songs get any attention or air play? nil. and where is the justice in that?

anyways I guess I can sympathize but my point is: Shad is my new j-live. His beats are great, his lyrics are smart and down to earth, and homeslice is CANADIAN.

Go get his album "The Old Prince" now now now

No comments: